JW Marriott, one of Marriott International, Inc.’s (MAR:NYSE) global luxury brands, was recognized numerous times throughout 2011 with awards honoring many of its properties worldwide. The JW Marriott brand took home a total of 32 awards in 2011 across a diverse range of categories including not-for-profit corporations, industry-specific awards and print and online travel media awards.
Highlights of accolades bestowed on the JW Marriott brand and individual properties include:
- AAA Five Diamond Award 2011 -JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- Business Travel News’ 2011 U.S. Hotel Chain Survey – JW Marriott winner of “Upper-Upscale” hotel brands among business travelers
- Conde Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards 2011, Top Hotels & Resorts – 14 JW Marriott properties listed: Phoenix, AZ; Palm Desert, CA; Tucson, AZ; Scottsdale; AZ; Denver, CO; Santa Monica, CA; Oahu, HI; Mexico City; Lima; Quito; Phuket; Bangkok; Shanghai; Hong Kong
- Great Place to Work Institute’s “100 Best Workplaces in Latin America” – JW Marriott Hotel Lima; JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2011,Top Hotels – JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Hotel Lima; JW Marriott San Antonio Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City; JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square; JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Cairo
“We are thrilled that the JW Marriott brand and its hotels have received these well-recognized awards and have been singled out for being the best of the best,” said Mitzi Gaskins, vice president, JW Marriott brand management. “Our JW Marriott portfolio represents some of the company’s finest hotels and resorts and we are committed to delivering highly crafted and anticipatory guest experiences that are unique to the luxury segment. We also look forward to adding several new properties in major destinations throughout the world.”
The JW Marriott brand is optimistic looking forward to 2012 and hopes to match, if not surpass, the honors it has received by continuing to provide guests with the utmost care and attention.
About JW Marriott
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. These elegant hotels cater to today’s sophisticated, self-assured travelers, offering them the quiet luxury they seek in a warmly authentic, relaxed atmosphere lacking in pretense. JW Marriott properties artfully provide highly crafted, anticipatory experiences that are reflective of their locale so that their guests have the time to focus on what is most important to them. Currently, there are 53 JW Marriott hotels in 22 countries; by 2015 the portfolio will encompass 80 properties in 29 countries.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.